Thursday, April 26, 2007

brutal

I couldn't throw for a rats ass tonight.
My work all week has been pretty wonky. As in, pretty much terrible.
Robert and I were working on sumi-otoshi in aikido. The throw was going ok, we were really trying to hit the back otoshi motion. (rear throw action)
Least ways as class wore on we were getting closer. Karl commented that we were almost right, then came out and demonstrated so we'd have a better idea.
That lead to a round of working on the back fall where you don't turn your foot. That is, not a pivot front fall.
Well, I spent the rest of the night crashing my head into the blue crash pad. It was like, elbow, head, elbow, knee, cry.

Disaster! Robert of course got it on the first try!
It wouldn't be a strugglefest without the struggle.

1 comment:

Patrick Parker said...

That was the very fall that I commented on a couple of weeks ago - the spleen buster! My innards are cringing in sympathy for you.