Sunday, April 15, 2007

First Post

Whoop de whoop!
Hello folks, this is the first post. Not really sure why I'm doing this, other then I've become somewhat addicted to reading these over the weekend and want to share in the fun.
So, here we go.
A quick overview. I'm a student of Karl Geis here in wonderful (or perhaps not so much) Houston which I moved to specifically to study from the man. Though, if my parents ask its the wonderful math program offered by the Univ. of Houston.
I guess this blog (I hate this word by the by) is going to be the goings on that occur at the dojo. Why anyone would care I'm unsure of. But hell, I did spend a weekend of my life reading about what others do at theirs so why the hell not.
I try to hit class 4 days a week, mon and wend just aikido and on tues both aikido and judo. That leaves thur. for just judo to give everything the semblence of balance. I used to did do go on fridays as well, but for the most part now I have to pass on that night, the girlfriend did put-ith down the foot (and a pretty foot at that).
I guess maybe I'll post when something interesting occurs in class, or also when I have a thought that I want to share, because obviously my opinion on matters should matter to you!

I'd tell you my rank but then, if you aren't in Fugakukai, my aikido organization, it won't mean anything. Instead let me say that I have like 900ish hours of mat time in aikido. Which makes me pert near the lowest ranked dude on the mat most nights, well, that's a lie, i'm more like at the bottom of the middle. Karl has been around a long time and accumulated a "few" high ranked dudes.
I guess that's all you really need to know about me other then the fact that I'm super pretty and all the ladies love me.
Now to post and conqure the internets!

3 comments:

Scott Zrubek said...

With 900 ish hours, I'll guess you're a Nidan or Sandan.

Am I close?

My dojo's run by a former student of Karl's, so we probably have similar belt progression.

Patrick Parker said...

Ooh! let me play the "guess the rank" game!

I guess sandan or maybe yondan.

the struggler said...

Well, I've met the guy and he seems like a seriously good dude. He's got to be like a nijû ichi-dan or something.